Monday, March 31, 2014

Polar Bear Dinner -Update - I blame the boiling.

I gave it an honest attempt, got a piece of the meat in my mouth, but was unable to swallow it. The smell of it boiling left something to be desired and I haven't been able to get past that. Though it looks like roast beef, I'm not quite in agreement that it tastes like it.

Terin worked very hard in the kitchen to prepare it, and I feel awful that I couldn't enjoy it as I usually have no issue trying anything and I do greatly appreciate her taking the time to do so. I feel as though had I not been around during the cooking process where the smell of boiling meat filled the house, the outcome of the dinner for me would have been different. Perhaps I will try it tomorrow when my nostrils have cleared. When I am back south I am curious to boil a bit of a roast beef and see if I have the same aversion to that smell as I did to the boiling meat today.

No comments: