Thursday, March 6, 2014

From Spring Fever to Winter Freezer

The fortune I have had during both my 2012 to 2014 university courses and practicums make me feel like a millionaire. Wonderful students, fabulous master teachers, kind staff, supportive professors, thoughtful supervisors, strong school communities and my amazing family have taught me so much along this journey that for me offering any of them two words of gratitude is simply not enough.  As I prepare to end the Nova Scotian leg of my journey to becoming a teacher I hope the passion, love and drive I have for this career represent my gratitude to those who have been a part of it because simply put, there is no other way to express it. Not unexpectedly due to my nature,  I find moments of sadness overwhelm me because it is always hard to see the end of a great time in life, but as this chapter closes I find great excitement fills me as I begin to turn the page to the beginning of my final practicum in Cape Dorset, Nunavut.

Thanks to a passionate professor with a deep love and respect of the North and his ability to organize generous sponsors, myself and four other student teachers are on the cusp of an adventure of a life time. As of Saturday we will leave the "South" and head north to the last leg of our journey. Undoubtedly this is a unique experience and I hope through this blog to share it with those who made it possible, to those who have supported me throughout and to those who are curious. It is my hope that this blog will also serve as a temporary window into my experiences but also into a strong and driven part of our country very few know anything about.

Goodbye spring fever :)






1 comment:

George and Bunty said...

Congratulations Krisanne. I am looking forward to following your blog to learn about your teaching experience and life in the north.