Saturday, March 8, 2014

Farewell to Nova Scotia

As the tears have slowly dried from yesterdays generous, thoughtful farewell from the wonderful students, teacher and school I have spent the last few months with, I have begun my typical ritual of questioning what I have packed, followed by taking everything out of the suitcase and packing again for my journey to the North.

Many thoughts are running through my head as I torture myself with the questions of luggage; what will the first breath of air be like when I step off the plane in Nunavut? Will I be overwhelmed by the unfamiliarity? How will the students in Cape Dorset respond to me? What will I notice first about the community I will spending the next month in? What will seem familiar to me? How will I become part of a community with such a deep history in such a short period of time? I suppose only time will tell.

I wish to say one more giant THANK YOU to the students and the teacher and school I just finished at. You will all hold a very special place in my heart and I look forward to seeing you again soon! I'll do my best to get a picture of a polar bear!




No comments: