Friday, August 8, 2014

The flights are booked, the bags are packed (almost) and soon it will be goodbye! (this is the emotional post)

It's a weird feeling to be on the ledge of a huge change. I don't fully remember it from when I went to Ireland, but the feeling of anxiousness does seem somewhat familiar.

I've been touched by the kindness of my family, friends, coworkers and customers. I have felt truly loved by all of you and will certainly be sad to say goodbye. However I am trying to associate this leaving with tearing off a bandaid; I know it's going to be awfully painful when it happens, but I'm just going to wait to the last minute to rip it off.  As well I find it a bit easier knowing I'm going to someplace I fell in love with, to do something I love doing.

To my parents- There really are no words in any language to express the connection and love I have for you two! You're support is unwavering, you're encouragement is solid and you've always had my back in a unique way that has allowed me to find my own way. I'll miss you two so much it hurts to type, but with any luck I will upload Skype on your computer and we can stare at each other over the months! Love you!

To Matt and Julie- Best brother ever = yes!  Best brother's girlfriend ever = yes! Thank you two for always listening while I rant and cry. You're support and encouragement has been awesome and I hope you come to visit! Love you both!

To Rodger- Well, we're finally on the right track; unfortunately we'll be thousands of miles apart! Thank you for you unwavering support and encouragement to follow my dreams. Thanks to your devotion to my well being.  I love you too much! Also thank you for allowing me to have a herd of cats, and subsequently for looking after my herd of cats while I'm away! Next summer is going to amazing!

To my extended family (Sandra, Gordon, Aunt Sam, Aunt Diane and John, Jane, Mary, Jeff, Alan, Emma)- You're all the best and I will miss you are dearly! Hopefully we can Skype so I can still be part of some of the festivities over the holidays! Please know I love each of you so much and hope you have a wonderful year! If you find yourself in Nunavut you definitely have a place to stay ;)

To the Croney Clan- Best friends =yes! Thank you for always being there for me and sharing all the laughs and tears we've all had over the years! I look forward to next summer when Gary is my bridesmaid :) I hope you all know that everyday I will be thinking of and missing you all. It's going to be painful to say goodbye.

To Paul and Julia- Thank you for the years of support and years of fun times!  I've had a blast and hope that I can rejoin the team next summer to provide time off for holidays for those who need it! I've enjoyed so much about this job, but mostly the fact that you two sincerely supported my educational choices and made it possible for me to work at a fun job and go to school! I also appreciate the friendships you both offered to me and hope to continue that LONG into the future! It's hard to believe I've been there ten years, but I guess time truly flies when you're having fun! I will miss you two deeply.

Nick- Without you this would have remained a dream! I hope to make you proud of what you offered us!

To my regular customers - there are so many of you I cannot name you all! I sincerely looked forward to seeing you every morning and even when I was overtired from school and life you all made my day so enjoyable by always being fun and always smiling.  I will with the most sincerity miss talking with you and hearing about what's going on in your lives.  I will sadly drink coffee up North without the constant companionship you all offered during your visits to the store. It's funny how our short interactions can mean so much to me, but they do! You're all lovely, wonderful people! With any luck I'll be back for some shifts next summer and do hope to hear what is happening with you all!  I'm also curious if I can remember your drinks for ten months, but only time will tell!

To the educators who got me here- There are no words other than Thank You! I hope my service as a teacher serves your teachings well, and I hope I can make you all proud!

Sincerely,
Kris






No comments: