Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Northern Experience Whisperer aka Leah

Our houseguest Leah has now been named the "Northern Experience Whisperer". It's clear that any community she will work in, in the future will be fortunate to have her. I think the North fits her like a glove and she certainly has the luck that many wish they could have who visit here!

I was on my way to visit a student of mine this morning before she left for Ontario for medical, and a lady stopped me and said "are you headed towards town?" and I said "yes" and she said "there's a bear there", so I promptly turned around and started going home as I have a giant fear of coming face to face with a polar bear.

On my way I saw people pointing and the bear was going to the other island, so I ran and got Gail and Leah and we went and watched the bear for about 45 minutes. Thankfully Leah's camera is amazing, and she got some fabulous pictures. Then we went to a church service where I certainly felt very welcome and on the way back we saw that my neighbour caught a walrus! (I had heard someone caught one yesterday, but not that it was my neighbour! He's also the one who caught a beluga!) They kindly let us get a picture of the head being boiled, as his wife is going to use the skull for teaching.


Gail and I just can't believe all that Leah (and we) have gotten to see this weekend with Leah!






No comments: